Vertical Turbine Fire Pump is designed to be a system operating under a static suction lift condition requirement. The flexibility of its design allows the use of a wide range of materials. Multi-staging can be done to meet the specific requirements of the user and adaptable to the application. The space saving vertical design minimizes the floor space requirements. It can be driven by either an electric motor or diesel engine with a full range of options and accessories available to complete the NFPA-compliant fire pump.
- Flow ranges from 150 GPM up to 2000 GPM
- Pressure ratings from 49 psi up to 402 psi
- Underwriter Laboratories (UL) – 448
- Factory Mutual (FM) – 1312
- NFPA 20
- DISCHARGE HEAD: Designed to change the direction of flow from vertical to horizontal and to couple the pump to the
system piping in addition to supporting and aligning the driver. It also accommodates various type of driver configurations.
- STUFFING BOX: Accommodates square rings of packing and bearing to maintain central position of the shafting.
- LINE SHAFT: High strength steel, grounded and polished to a smooth surface. Threaded and provided with couplings to ease jointing.
- INTERCONNECTING PIPE: Connects discharge head assembly to the column pipe.
- SPIDERS: Provides support to the line shaft and links interconnecting pipe and column pipe.
- BEARING SPIDERS: Operate in conjunction with line to provide long life and low friction.
- COLUMN PIPE: Provided with flanged ends incorporating fits for ease of alignment during assembly to ensure concentricity.
- IMPELLER SHAFT: High strength steel, grounded and polished to a smooth surface. Threaded and provided with couplings to ease jointing. Keyed impellers available for some sizes.
- BOWL BEARING: Operate in conjunction with impeller shaft to provide long life and low friction.
- IMPELLER: Dynamically balanced. Designed for long life and high efficiency.
- IMPELLER COLLET SLEEVE: Secure impeller to the pump shaft. Keyed impellers available for some sizes.
- SUCTION BELL: Provides rigid support of the lower end of the pump shaft and allows smooth entry of liquid into the first stage impeller eye, minimizes foundation opening.
- STRAINER: Provides protection from large solids objects to prevents entry into the pump suction.